Single-Family Residential Dwellings and Water

Thanks, to our Wonder Valley neighbor, Larry LeVoir.

NOTE: These laws may have changed since this posting. This posting is not intended as legal advice. Do your own research and verify what you find with the appropriate agencies.

84.21.020 Applicability

The standards in this Chapter apply to the construction or installation of detached single-family residential structures where allowed in compliance with Division 2 (Land Use Zoning Districts and Allowed Land Uses). However, nothing in this Chapter shall be construed to allow housing designs or construction standards that do not meet the standards of a historic district or of a historic landmark. The road dedication and street improvement standards provided in this Chapter do not apply to: (1) the alteration or enlargement of an existing building or structure on a lot or parcel of land if the total square footage of such alteration or enlargement, and all other alterations or enlargements completed three (3) years prior to the date of the application for a permit for such alteration or enlargement, does not exceed one-half (1/2) of the original square footage of all buildings and structures on such lot or parcel of land, or (2) the erection of one or more accessory structures (not including accessory dwellings) as defined in Subsection 810.01.030(g) of the County Code. For purposes of this section, “original square footage” means the square footage of all buildings and structures that existed on such lot or parcel of land three (3) years prior to the date of the application for such permit
(j) Infrastructure requirements. A building permit shall not be issued for the construction of single-family residential dwelling unless all of the following infrastructure requirements are satisfied for an existing lot of record:
(3) Water.

(A) Water purveyor. Required when in the service area of a water purveyor and the purveyor can supply the water.

(B) Substantiated well water. If the subject parcel is not within the service area of a water purveyor, well water may be allowed if all required setbacks are met.

(C) Hauled water. No hauled water will be allowed without approval from the Division of Environmental Health Services.