In the meantime we'll be working on the following items listed below agreed to by the Volunteer Fire Committee. We'll begin having meetings after the Board of Supervisors votes to decide what we want to do as a community.
If you weren't able to attend all or any of the meetings, the agendas and notes, and the supplementary materials are all listed under the [Fire] tab. I suggest watching the first video and then work your way through the rest of the materials.
If you feel that you aren't getting the meeting notices, please sign up bit.ly/nextdoorwv, or call Teresa Sitz at 760-865-9550 to be added to a phone tree.
Download the notes from the April 23, 2016 meeting:
These actions came out of the Fire Committee meeting that met directly after the LAFCO Meeting, on April 23, 2016, about 12:15 p.m.
Division Chief John Chamberlin; Teresa Sitz, MAC Delegate; Karen Meyers; James Copeland; and James Brakebill
TERESA SITZ, MUNCIPCAL COUNTY ADVISORY COUNCIL VOLUNTEER
- Contact Mark Lundquist to find out how community mandates are determined for possible ballot measures or requests for actions.
DIVISION CHIEF JOHN CHAMBERLIN, COUNTY FIRE
- Take Darlene Parris’ suggestion for an incremental increase of $50 a year over 7 years back to County Fire for consideration.
- Provide the community of Wonder Valley with requirements for Paid Call Firefighters, including disqualifying criminal charges.
- Investigate forming a JPA - joint powers authority that would transfer the Water Tender to the Parks or Roads department. Will need to coordinate with Special Districts.
- Order a porta-tank so the water tender can draw from tanks and pools.