On Monday, November 21, the He Provides Ministry will be at our community center, 80526 ½ Amboy Road, at 9:30 a.m. to give out free clothing and household items to those who need them. This will be followed at 10:30 by the USDA Food Distribution.
Two days later, on Wednesday, November 23, the Salvation Army Food Distribution will take place at our community center at 11 a.m.
Since the birthstone for November is the topaz, and the flower is the chrysanthemum, we send out Rainbows-of-Topaz-and-Chrysanthemums to Karen Meyers and Sharon Fangmeyer who celebrate their special days this week. Happy birthday to you both!
Also , we send out best wishes to Bill and Sherry Hague who celebrate their wedding anniversary this week.
A big thank you to cousin Annie French for sending lots of coupons, stamps and cards.
These are the ten great truths spoken by little children.
- No matter how hard you try, you can’t baptize cats.
- When your mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair.
- If your sister hits you, don’t hit her back right away; they always catch the second person.
- Never ask your three-year-old brother to hold a tomato.
- You can’t trust dogs to watch your food.
- Don’t sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
- Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
- You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
- Don’t wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
- The best place to be when you’re sad is on Grandpa’s lap.
and Malcolm X
Handy Hint: Lightly dampen a sponge and rub it across upholstery to easily lift pet hair from the surface.
Thought for Today: “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
– Muhammad Ali
Until next time . . . remember to take time to enjoy the WONDERs all around us.
|Pinto Mountains at dawn|