The Property Tax Postponement Program allows eligible homeowners to postpone payment of property taxes on a primary residence.
To be eligible for PTP, you must:
- Be at least age 62, or blind, or have a disability;
- Own and occupy the home as your primary place of residence;
- Have a total household income of $35,500 or less;
- Have at least 40 percent equity in the property; and
- Other requirements.
Repayment under the PTP Program becomes due when the homeowner:
- Moves or sells the property;
- Transfers title;
- Defaults on a senior lien;
- Dies; or
- Obtains a reverse mortgage.
Download and print:
The filing period for the 2018-19 tax year is October 1, 2018 to February 10, 2019. Please call (800) 952-5661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer to have an application mailed to you.
Questions? Contact the Controller’s team at
(800) 952-5661 or email@example.com
California State Controller Betty T. Yee