Tuesday, September 13, 2016

If you get a bill for paramedic service from County Fire

A Wonder Valley resident recently wrote that they called 911 for ambulance service. The ambulance was accompanied by County Fire. The resident later received a bill from County Fire for service and the resident's insurance company refused to pay it.

I brought the issue up at the MAC meeting in Joshua Tree last night. Assistant Chief, South Desert, Tom Marshall told me that the resident should call him about the bill at his office: (760) 228-6380.

This bill is most likely a "paramedic stabilization" bill intended solely for the resident's insurance company. Bills for paramedic stabilization are not meant to be sent to customers and we were told that County Fire will not attempt to collect payment from individuals.

Please bear this in mind and call County Fire if you get a bill for service.