Friday, October 23, 2015

HEAP Workshop - November 13

Do you need financial assistance to pay for your heating fuel?
It may be a long, cold winter. Come to the FREE
Home Energy Assistance Program
Energy Education Outreach/Workshop 
At the Wonder Valley Community Center, 80526 Amboy Road
November 13, between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. 

Please bring the following required documentation.

  1. An ID and Social Security card for the applicant.
  2. A social security number for all household members.
  3. Current income for the last 30 days from the day of the application for all adult residents (since October 13, 2015).
  4. Current award letter for the following benefits if you receive any of them.
    a. Social Security award letter for 2015 benefits or a bank statement showing the benefit deposit.
    b. A current Notice of Action if you receive cash aid or food stamps.
    (If you don’t have a current Notice of Action you must go down to the county office and ask for a form called Passport to Services showing the benefit amounts.)
  5. Rental agreement or mortgage statement, or property tax

Requirement for assistance with ELECTRICITY or GAS 
Bring current Electricity and/or Gas bills, if you have service, showing usage, not just disconnection notices.

Requirements for assistance with PROPANE  

  1. A 100+ gallon propane tank
  2. Copy of Propane Invoice for the last time it was filled, or if you have an open account with a specific vendor you can request a quote letter.

NOTE: You are not required to provide proof that you can use firewood, or have purchased firewood in the past, to qualify for assistance with FIREWOOD.

Please let Star or Teresa know you will be attending.

Star Javier: 760-367-9880,
Teresa Sitz: