- Take an art class, or try arts and crafts, or a greeting-card class.
- Did you play a musical instrument as a child? Take lessons again.
- READ! Dip into authors and topics you haven’t explored before.
- Play games you enjoy, and learn new ones.
- Try video games!
- Do a crossword puzzle every day.
- Try a Sudoku puzzle (my favorite)!
- Sign up for classes at a Senior Center. There’s always a variety of interesting ones to choose from.
We also have the option of turning our fire and emergency services over to Twentynine Palms, which is laughable since they are having a tremendous amount of trouble just covering their current area, let alone adding Wonder Valley to the mix. This is a BIG issue. Division Chief Chamberlin will be at our community meeting on October 12 at the Wonder Valley Community Center, 80526 ½ Amboy Road at 9 am. He will present the proposals and options and answer questions. Please
do your very best to attend this important meeting, and bring your best behavior with you as this is going to be a high-stress topic for all of us. Keep in mind that Chief Chamberlin probably did not come up with these proposals on his own; he is only the messenger. Remember that you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Reach Out Morongo Basin will pick you up on Tuesdays and Thursdays at The Palms at 10 a.m. to take you to the 29 Palms Nutrition Site for lunch, then bring you back at 2 p.m., all at no charge. If you have a problem getting to The Palms, they will pick you up and drop you off at your residence. Call 760-361-1410.
Handy Hint: Preweighed produce is convenient, but you should reweigh it just in case. A 5-pound bag of carrots can actually weigh anywhere from 4.5 to 6 pounds!
Thought for Today: “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
Until next time . . . remember to take time to enjoy the WONDERs all around us.