Tomorrow. El Trampolin del Muerte, also known as La Carretera del Diablo. I've been told it rises from an elevation of 600 meters to 5000+, becoming a single rocky lane with 1000-foot drop offs and occasional streams cutting through it. Am I up to this? Well.. I have the following on my side:
1. A little bike that has so far proven to be pretty sure-footed in tricky circumstances.
2. I'll be riding inside, not on the edge.
3. FARC has announced a cease-fire, effective now.
4. I've been fantasizing about this road since I learned of it.
5. If it comes even close to fitting its description, it'll epitomize the "frightening and beautiful".