Southern California Edison has scheduled an outage in Wonder Valley for Wednesday, June 29, from 8 a.m.
- 4 p.m. If you have an emergency, CALL 9-1-1.
WONDER VALLEY COMMUNITY CENTER (WVCC)
80526½ Amboy, Wonder Valley CA - next to the Fire Station
PHONE: (760) 367-9880
EMERGENCY HOURS: Wednesday, June 29, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
If you need to get out of the heat, go to the WVCC. Bring food for yourself, and any medications you need.
Water will be provided.
TWENTYNINE PALMS SENIOR CENTER
6539 Adobe Road, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
If you are a senior you may drive to the Twentynine Palms Senior Center. If you need a ride, call or write our MAC Rep Teresa Sitz before Monday and give her your name, phone number, and address. Reach Out Morongo Basin will pick you up and take you to the Twentynine Palms Senior Center for the day and bring
you home after. If you call before Monday you can reserve a meal.
Teresa Sitz: email@example.com, 760-865-9550 or 213-447-8591
Other centers may be opened as needed. For more information visit: WonderValley.org
- Make sure your cell phones and backup batteries are charged.
- If you have a WELL, fill containers for a day’s worth of water for you, your pets, and for flushing your toilet (1-2 gallons each flush). Most well pumps are electric so your well may not be operational during the outage.
- Fill your car up with gas, and make sure you know how to open your garage manually.
- Try to leave your fridge or freezer closed during the outage. Keep cold beverages on ice in a cooler.
- Wake up before dawn and run your swamp cooler and fans. When the sun comes up, close all your curtains.
- You may have to throw out perishable food if it was kept above 40 degrees for too long.
- Avoid open flames of any kind.
- Don’t forget your pets and livestock.
- Consider going someplace else for the day. Exercise security measures if you leave your house. If you see any suspicious activity, report it to 9-1-1. Ask for an incident number.
- Check on your neighbors. In an emergency, CALL 9-1-1.
- For local information and assistance, call the Wonder Valley Community Center at (760) 367-9880.
SIGNS of HEAT CRAMPS / EXHAUSTION
- Mild to severe muscle cramps in legs, arms, abdomen, or back
- Exhaustion, dizziness, and light-headedness
- Weak pulse and rapid, shallow breathing
- Heavy perspiration (sweating)
- Normal to pale skin color
SIGNS of HEAT STROKE
- Altered mental state
- Skin that is hot to the touch
- Rapid, shallow breathing,
- Strong, rapid pulse
- Weakness, dizziness
- Little to no perspiration (sweat)
- Seizures or muscular twitching
If you are experiencing heat cramps / exhaustion, or any other medical emergency, CALL 9-1-1